The ability to speak correctly and beautifully is an art. Many of you are familiar with the situation when you find it difficult to express your thoughts and feelings. It is clear that great communication skills can help to speak with people easily and naturally, persuade them and achieve your goals. And it’s really possible to improve your speech. Today I will share my observations and personal experience that will help you to improve your communication skills.
Improve your speech and communication skills
- You should learn the ability to express your thoughts and ideas. Make up some beautiful phrases and try to remember someone else’s speech.
- You won’t have a nice speech and great communication skills with poor vocabulary. But you can improve it with lots of reading (preferably classical prose and poetry).
- There’s a good way to practice your speech. You must choose the most ordinary object and talk about it in a nice literary style as long as you can.
- Don’t hesitate to imitate someone’s way of speaking. If a person has got perfect communication skills and nice speech, then you can and should learn from them.
- Words are really powerful and precious, but you should learn to put them in the right order so that they sound like the best sounds of nature.
- Learn to use your speech. If you love the word, but you don’t know its meaning, then you shouldn’t use it. And if you really want to, then look for its explanation in the dictionary.
- Use a mirror to practice your speech. Try to read something in a literary style and look at yourself in the mirror when doing it.
- Practice your intonation and volume. Once again remember someone whose speech you like when doing it. Ask your relatives to listen to you as you need an audience for your speech.
- Get rid of slang words and especially filthy words. No matter who you talk to forget about them. This is the worst thing that can so negatively influence your speech.
- Stay always informed in order to have a topic to discuss in any situation. Expand horizons.
Remember that everything is doable. The main thing here is to believe in yourself and practice, practice and again practice.